Poll Everywhere is committed to education and has many features that make it ideal for classroom use. Below is a list of some of these features:
- Create as many surveys as you want with a Free teacher account...With a free K-12 account, you can have up to 40 students respond to each poll. Just create a new poll or If you have a single class with more than 40 students, you can email them and they will adjust your plan.
- Polls are quick and easy to create...You literally could have a poll created and ready to use in a couple of minutes.
- Multiple ways for students to vote...Students can text their responses in or they can vote online if they have access to an iPad or computer.
- As responses come in, they automatically appear on the results chart...You don't have to refresh in order to see newest results.
- Results charts can be embedded into blogs, websites, Power Points, etc...This is a nice feature which would allow for comments about the poll or survey. You could also use this as means to address student misconceptions if they were responding to a math problem.
- No spam or advertisements!
In a future post, I'll give some specific suggestions/ideas for using Poll Everywhere in the math classroom.
I've added Poll Everywhere to The Best Technology Tools for Teaching Math list.