Live Binders is an easy to use online bookmarking site. You can organize websites by tabs and subtabs. When you select a tab or subtab, the website or document you have loaded into the binder opens.
Live Binders Features:
- navigate websites from within the binder
- share binders or keep them private
- allow collaboration on binders
- add notes to binders
- upload images, documents, or videos into binder
Ideas for Using Live Binders with Math Students:
- Create binders with interactive math sites for students to access. Ex. A binder could contain sites like visual fractions, IXL, cool math, funbrain, etc.
- Create binders based on a particular topic and share with students. Ex. Create a binder with websites, documents, images, and videos about topics like Pythagorean Theorem, Adding Fractions, Proportions, Angles, etc.
- Have students create online portfolios with their work. When students create products online, they can save them into a Live Binder as an online portfolio. They can also upload written documents into the binder. This would be a great way for students to be able to share their work with their parents.
- Create shared portfolios of student's work on a particular topic. Ex. You could have students create a Glog about angles. Then you could have the entire class share their Glogs in a Live Binder. This is a great way to share work and to have it available for students to view any time.
These are just a few of the ways Live Binders can be used with math students. Creating online Portfolios is also a great way to keep parents involved. If your school has Student Led Conferences, this would be a new way for students to share their work with parents.
Have you used Live Binders with your students? Leave a comment and tell us how you've used them.